These are somewhere between a flapjack and a cereal bar. I’m eating them for breakfast, but they’d definitely make a good mid-morning snack. G
2 cups oats
1 cup slightly crushed cornflakes
½ cup chopped nuts
½ cup desiccated coconut
A spoonful of dark brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp butter or margarine
A sprinkling of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Melt together the honey, golden syrup, butter and sugar over a low heat.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until coated in the buttery syrupy mix.
- Tip into a brownie tin (mine is 24cm square) and bake for 30mins or until crisp on top.
- Leave to cool completely in tin before cutting into chunks.
It’s also great to swap the honey for an extra tbsp ofgolden syrup and some milk chocolate chips (I’m just attempting to be slightly more grown up).