Made these to have with soup for lunch. Definitely planning to use them in a buffet (Update: these were awesome in my Christmas eve buffet). G
500g bag bread mix (I used white)
1 cup parmesan, finely grated
3 rashers bacon
oil for greasing
- Lightly grease the compartments of a muffin tin with the oil.
- Cut the bacon into small squares and fry until crisp, then wrap in kitchen towel to absorb the moisture.
- Make the bread dough as per instructions on the pack.
- At the shaping stage separate the dough into 2, for each half roll the dough into a square and sprinkle with half the parmesan and bacon.
- Roll the square of dough and slice into 6 pieces, placing each peice in a compartment of the muffin tin.
- Leave to prove and bake as per instructions on the pack.
I’m generally too lazy to make bread from scratch and bread mixes are so much less time consuming, but if you want to make your own bread, or need help with techniques, you can find a good recipe here