Biscotti are traditionally dunked in coffee, but these might be better dunked in a rich hot chocolate. G
100g golden caster sugar
2 tsp instant coffee
250g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, stir in the walnuts.
- Mix together the instant coffee with about 1 tbsp boiling water and put 3 tsp of the mix into a bowl with the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk together the egg mixture until light and fluffy.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture to form a dough, then tip onto a floured surface.
- Shape the dough into two logs and transfer to a lined baking tray to bake for 30 mins.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then slice and lay cut side down on the baking tray.
- Bake again for about 10mins until crisp.