A quick and easy soup for chilly evenings or in a flask for lunch. E.
For two people
A little vegetable oil (olive or rapeseed)
1 onion, finely diced
2 large carrots, grated
25 g red lentils
1 tsp curry powder
1 dsp peanut butter (optional, this gives a creamy flavour)
400 ml vegetable stock
- Saute the onion in the vegetable oil.
- Add the curry powder and carrots and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and red lentils.
- Bring quickly to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter and a little black pepper.
- Serve immediately with wholemeal bread or G’s Cheese and Bacon pinwheel buns.
You could also add a tin of tomatoes and/or a handful of spinach leaves.