A light open topped pie, great for picnic snacks or a hot buffet (I may have just eaten all 6 for dinner). G
112g plain flour
1 medium potato
4 cherry tomatoes
small bunch fresh basil
- Roughly dice the potato and boil until soft.
- Rub the butter into the flour to form breadcrumbs.
- Mix in some water a little at a time until it just forms a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut into rounds, press into a greased muffin tin, then chill in the fridge.
- Fry off the onion.
- Mix together the onion, tomato, potato and basil.
- Spoon into the pastry cases sprinkling in cheese between spoonfuls and press down before sprinkling a pinch of cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25mins at 200°C until the pastry is golden.
There can be many variations to use up whatever leftovers you have lying around; let us know your ideas in the comments!