Combining two favourites – cauliflower cheese and risotto. Quick, easy and nourishing comfort food. E
50 g butter
1 onion, chopped finely
150 ml dry white wine (optional)
300g aborio risotto rice
1 litre hot vegetable stock, I like Marigold low-salt
1 cauliflower, divided into florets
100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
25 minutes cooking time
- Saute the onion in the butter until softened.
- Add the wine and simmer on a fast boil until almost reduced.
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer and add the rice; stir until all the grains are coated in butter.
- Add one ladle of the stock and the cauliflower and stir very gently on a low heat until the rice is absorbed. While the risotto is cooking continue to add the stock a ladle at a time until the rice is cooked al dente or to your taste – you may not need to use all the stock.
- Remove from the heat and add 2/3 of the grated cheese and gently fold in.
- Serve with the remaining cheese on top or on the side.