For when you’ve suddenly got five friends on their way, or just the family staying a little longer than expected. We all need these quick, easy snacks for when everyone’s getting a bit peckish. E & G
- Nachos – take tortilla crisps, pile on some salsa, top with grated cheese and microwave on full for 1 min 30 secs for a hot bowl of indulgence. Alternatively, place under the grill until the cheese starts to melt.
- Chilli Cheese Toasties – spread a slice of toast with Chilli Pesto, add cheese and grill until cheese is bubbling.
- Mash a tin of mackerel or sardines with cream cheese and chives for a quick, nutritious and fish pate. Good with bagels.
- Ryvita topped with prawn cocktail and avocado topping.
- Rye toast with rollmop herrings and gherkins – Scandinavian style.