Can’t decide between cookies and brownies? Combine the two for the ultimate indulgence and a perfect crowd pleaser. G.
100g Self Raising Flour
250 Dark brown soft sugar
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
125g caster sugar
125g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
280g plain flour
150g chocolate, chunks
- To make the brownies: Cream together the butter and sugar, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence, and fold in the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- To make the cookie dough mix together all the ingredients to form a soft, smooth dough.
- Line and grease a deep square tin (mines 24cm square), then press the cookie dough into a layer approx. 2cm thick across the bottom of the tin (don’t worry if there’s some leftover, you can just bake cookies as well) .
- Top the cookie dough with the brownie mix and smooth over. Then bake at 180°C for approx 45 mins, until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little then slice into squares and enjoy.
If you have leftover cookie dough, instructions on how to bake can be found here.